Manual therapist, acupuncturist and yoga teacher at
JUNO Health & Wellness
Hi, my name is Nikki Rowe. I am a physiotherapist, manual therapist, acupuncturist, yoga teacher and the founder of JUNO Health and Wellness. I'm originally from England but, in 2014, I packed all my belongings in my little Toyota Yaris, drove onto the boat, and followed my heart and great love to the Netherlands! Since then, I have lived very happily with my partner and our little son here in Tilburg.
As a physiotherapist, I have broad experience in both 1st- and 2nd-line care. My love for working with pre- and postnatal women first emerged during my first job as a physiotherapist in a hospital in England, where I spent 2 years working on the gynaecology and neonatal wards. I found it so special to be part of a woman's magical and sometimes turbulent journey to motherhood. I loved being able to help and support women during their pregnancy and recovery process.
At the hospital, I also gained a lot of experience in the musculoskeletal field (treating people with orthopaedic and musculoskeletal complaints), and then decided to specialise as a manual therapist. As a manual therapist, I worked in the British Air Force for 6 years. My specialisation here was in treating soldiers with musculoskeletal complaints, and in particular back, neck and pelvic pain. As part of my job, I was also allowed to treat female military personnel during and after pregnancy. I really enjoyed helping the women overcome their pain, restore their 'core' strength and bring them back to a high level of fitness.
During my career, it became increasingly clear that the body and mind are inseparable, and that the psyche as well as the nervous system and organs should also be considered in treating physical complaints. After all, we are one whole! This is why I started to delve further into various mind-body therapies such as yoga, pilates and meditation techniques. I often combine these mind-body techniques together with my manual therapies to ensure that each individual has the tools to understand, influence and improve their own symptoms.
My qualifications and skills
- BSc Sport and Exercise Science (Exercise Science)
- MSc Rehabilitation Science (Physiotherapy)
- MSc Advanced Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapy (Manual Therapy)
- APPI Clinical Pilates trainer
- Dry Needling/ Acupuncture for Physiotherapists
- Advanced Postnatal Wellness Practitioner (Burrell Education)
- Rost Therapy: pelvic pain during and after pregnancy
- Rost Therapy: dry needling for pelvic pain and postural dysfunctions
- Diastasis problem (Womans Health Academy)
- Chinese Medicine (TCM) Basic vocational training
- TCM Acupuncture (i.o.)
- Hatha yoga teacher training 500 hours (Yogacentrum Tilburg)
- Pregnancy yoga teacher training (Lushtums, UK)
- Basic Teaching Qualification (physiotherapy/ anatomy teaching)
Skills and techniques
- Mulligan techniques
- Maitland techniques
- Myofascial release
- Rost Therapy techniques for pelvic pain
- Dry needling
- Medical Taping
- Clinical Pilates
- Clinical Yoga