Osteopath at JUNO Health & Wellness
Hello, my name is Joann Jacobs and I work as an osteopath at JUNO. As a Flemish born in Antwerp, it is hard to leave "the city of my heart" so despite working in Tilburg, I still live in Antwerp. For me, it is an hour's drive, but with my music loud or an interesting podcast on, I always leave for Tilburg with a lot of "goesting"! Besides regularly immersing myself in the workings of the human body by reading books, listening to podcasts or taking courses, I also like to spend time walking, dancing, travelling and human connection.
After my 4-year training at the IAO (International Academy of Osteopathy) in Ghent, I have been working as an independent osteopath in Tilburg since 2014. I have also worked in 2 group practices where I was able to learn a lot from experienced colleagues.
My interests soon turned to uro-gynaecological complaints, pregnancy, babies and children. Here I specialised mainly by having attended numerous recognised training courses (see qualifications).
As an osteopath, I approach the body holistically. This means that I treat the body as 1 whole and look beyond the complaint alone. Using manual techniques (working exclusively with the hands), I examine your body and look for the cause of your complaint. The way of treatment I feel most comfortable with and personally achieve the best results are the softer, fascial (aimed at the connective tissue) and visceral (aimed at the organs) techniques.
If you would like to know more about osteopathy or how I work, feel free to visit my website where you can find more information: https://www.osteojacobs.nl
My qualifications and skills
- The genitourinary system in osteopathy (Panta Rhei training courses - 2015)
- The gut as a sixth sense (Nutriphyt Netherlands - February 2015)
- Gut-brain relationship (Sama advanced courses - March 2016)
- Nutrition: the myths, science and common sense (Sama advanced courses - April 2015)
- Master Class Pregnancy Therapy (Osteo Manual Therapy London - 2016)
- Man as embryo (Jaap van der Wal - 2017)
- Reading children's faces (Alie Relker - September 2017)
- Conception, Subfertility and Pregnancy (IAO Antwerp - Colette Peeters - June 2017)
- Childbirth, postnatal recovery and lactation (IAO Antwerp - Colette Peeters - June 2017)
- Postgraduate in Specialist Paediatric Osteopathic Practice (University College of Osteopathy England, 2017-2018)
- Osteopathy in children by Frank de Bakker - Crying babies, reflux, formation of skull roof (Centre for Osteopathy - January 2019)
- Master's programme in paediatric Osteopathy 1st year (IAO Antwerp - 2019-2020)
- Integrative orthomolecular therapist training (Natura Foundation - 2021-2022)